Old May 2nd 05, 10:44 PM
Richard Brooks

AJ Harris wrote:
Some years ago my wife and I saw a PBS adaptation of a short story dealing
with a young flyer joining the RAF at the front lines during WWI.

The young man discovers that the older veterans are standoffish. He feels
they share a secret they won't share with him. After his first battle, and
his first taste of losing comrades, he discover just what the terrible
secret really is.

I know this is a lame description. If you recognize the story, could you
please tell me the title? I'd appreciate it.

AJ

It doesn't have Malcolm McDowell as one of the older officers in it,
does it ?

Richard.