Old October 27th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default LX NAV offers new V7 Vario

On Oct 26, 4:40*pm, Brad wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:26*pm, Craig wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:04*pm, Morteza Ansari wrote:

Thanks for the info, looks like a pretty good option. Is there any
functionality that you would be missing if you pair it with other
loggers vs. a Nano? *For example if using it with a Colibri, can the
Oudie download flights or set the task or waypoints?

Cheers,
Morteza

If this allows use of PowerFlarm for the GPS input and interfaces with
PDAs running LK800 or XCSoar it's a very attractive option.

Looking forward to seeing the manual.

Thanks,
Craig

Just talked to Richard about the V7....................this will go in
to my panel eventually. I really like the idea of pitot/static driven
wind calculations, since like Tony, my purely driven GPS wind is not
really that accurate and not at all on final glide.

Anyone looking for a nice SB-8??

Brad- Hide quoted text -

Craig,

I did about 15 hours of flight testing this fall with a similar
setup. PowerFlarm, LX1606 (similar to the V7), Craggy Aero
Ultimate Le, SeeYou PNA. It worked great. The software only shows
PF target at this time. Programming on the flight software will be
require to show the PCAS and ADS-B targets. LK8000 and StrePla will
also show flarm targets.

System examples see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate_systems.htm

I am sure it will work equally as well with the Oudie, PDA, or PNA
devices.

thanks,

Richard
www.craggyaero.com