Old December 31st 03, 05:15 AM
George

John Cook wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:36:38 +1000, "muskau"
wrote:

Hi, I've been browsing the newsgroup archives for the last month and haven't
found a clear answer to this question. I find alot of the subject topics
here tend to go off on to talks about politics.

It seems alot of importance is put into stealth for aircraft these days,
just wondering who is working on a countering radar system for it?

Roke Manor is looking at a system called Celldar, its probally best
if you read their website.

see:- http://www.roke.co.uk/sensors/stealth/celldar.asp

I doubt the effectiveness of the Celldar system in the future as
Cell phone energies are getting smaller and smaller as designers try
to increase battery life. Already, digital cell phones using CDMA
technology transmit with energies less than the noise level of the RF
spectrum. This means that any given cell phone is useless for
detection. As the number of cell towers increase, they will also
probably drop in power to avoid any backlash from the EM radiation
they put out. This means with time, Celldar will probably lose
effectiveness.