Old August 9th 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

shiver wrote in news:080820071911547255%
:

Bert-Jan wrote:

Being a civil and mechanical engineer

Say what you want and get as mad as you want but as a civil and
mechanical engineer one would think that you would do some homework
before offering anybody advice.

I am not mad, I am jsut stating that I possibly do not qualify as a half
wit, and that my education (and diploma's) does proof that I can use my
brain.

Since your using a newsreader type program I will assume that even PC
newsreaders have the ability to show the generally hidden header
information that all newsgroup postings contain.

For example here is part of yours.

The user agent line tells me the name of the program your using which
even I realize is a PC program

Now here is some of my header information.

It well show to a well informed person that since YA Newswatcher is a
Macintosh program then I am logically using a Mac.

And if you were not familiar or sure of what is was then I remind you
that GOOGLE is your friend.

And since it would only take me a few moments to do a google search on
your programs name to discover it was a PC program then common sense
also tells me that it would only take you a few moments with google to
discover that YA Newswatcher is a program for the Macintosh.

Yes, you are right, I have disabled this feature, because to me it is
mere gibberish and causes me to scroll further down in a post I like to
read. Mea culpa.

For what it's worth, simply seeing "YA-News-reader" mentioned, does not
ring any bells for me to automatically assume you are a Mac user.
If I had seen it, I indeed could/should have looked it up, but this idea
would not have come up in me, I can tell you. Because I automatically
assume you all use PC's instead of Macs. On top of that I have never
known that Mac users have problems with yEncs. Mea culpa, Mea maxima
culpa.

Checking headers is pretty common amongst those who post to

newsgroups.

I frown on that but you couldbe right.

This is not rocket science.

I appreciate your effort and my reponse may have been boorish by this
groups general standards but with the agitation caused by a few
newcomers who are taking delight in destroying the harmony of this
group
I get a little upset when someone tries to be helpful when it is
obvious they havn't a clue as to the basics of the problem.

I can understand, and I appreciate your appreciation. and in this light
your response might even be explainable.

As I have stated earlier in this thread I am looking for solutions not
advice.

I have had many dozens of people in good faith giving advice over the
years but I have yet to hear from even one person that actually has a
solution to the problem.

In this I can unfortunately not help you. And all that rests me is to
wish you good luck in your quest.

--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan