Old November 13th 04, 11:10 PM
Mike Rapoport

Thanks. I think that I will try the fingernail method first. The glue is
down where the windshield meets the glareshield so it would be difficult to
polish.

Mike
MU-2

"zatatime" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:57:20 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

I managed to get some 1300L contact cement on the windshield of my Helio
Courier while reattaching the vinyl to the glareshield. Does anyone know
if
I can use "adhesive remover" on an acrylic windshield without causing
crazing? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Mike
MU-2

Can you keep the area very wet for a long period of time? I'm
thinking covered with wet paper towels, and wait a while for the
adhesive to soften up so you can use your finger to pick it off.

If that won't work, I know either Sporty's or Spruce sells a
"Windshield Compounding" kit. It comes with different "grit" sponges
and 3 or 5 separate compounds. You'll probably have to do the whole
windshield, but at least it should get the junk off it.

HTH.