Old August 7th 12, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Logging Glider Flight Time

As a student pilot in the USAF, I learned to use hours and tenths. As ain
airline pilot, we had a mechanical calculator in the ops room that input
hours and minutes from the trip log and spit out the total (in hours and
minutes). I converted that to hours and tenths since it's easer to add up
in my logbook.

It's worked for me for 40 years. Who cares if, in all that time, I've
gained or lost a few hours of flight time?

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
On 8/6/2012 4:31 PM, Ventus_a wrote:
RN;820791 Wrote:
Should a new student start loggin his glider flight time in hours and
minutes or hours and tenths of hours.

What is most popular where you fly?

How do you do it?

Advantages and disadvantages?

Your comments will be appreciated.

I use hours and minutes, figuring that when I can no longer get my head
round the math involved it's time to stop flying :-)

Nah! Just round off the time to the nearest hour and write that down.
Easy! That's what I started to do at about the 2000 hour mark.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email
me)