Old April 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:38:01 +0000, jimp wrote:

O. Sami Saydjari wrote:
I talked to TCM today to register that I am the new owner of one of
their engines. Just in passing, I mentioned that their engine failed
recently within a few hundred hours after major overhaul. They seemed
completely uninterested in knowing this fact. I asked if they kept
actual statistics on actual dependability of their engines. She said
that they did not, to the best of her knowledge. That seems quite odd.

Where do they get TBO numbers from. I always assumed there was some
serious historical statistical date to back these up. Does anyone keep
these statistics? Perhaps A&Ps report such failures? Overhaul shops
maybe? I sure hope someone is tracking the information.

-Sami
N2057M, Piper Turbo Arrow III

See http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/187037-1.html for a recent article
on TBO.