Old September 26th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Charlie[_1_]

Default Flyboys Movie: the aircraft

Dave wrote:
"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message

I think the movie handled the personal horrors of war in the air pretty
well.
Some of the photography was great, too. I did enjoy the ground scenes at
the
airfield.

Ron Wanttaja

Sounds like a pretty bad review Ron. I'm making the wife go and see it this
evening. I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot more than some of the sappy bits of
treacle she's dragged me to over the years. I've never had any problem
suspending my "reality" filter for movies, I expect that reality makes for
pretty poor cinema.

Tell your wife to save her (or your) money. A bunch of local pilots &
spouses went opening night.

After suffering through the movie, during the credits my wife leaned
over & said, "I think y'all took us to a chick-flick with some flying
thrown in."

Charlie