Old April 27th 04, 03:03 PM
Dieter Kleinschmidt

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Edr,

The Cirrus cannot recover
from a spin without pulling the parachute and did not do so in tests

As I thought: nowhere does it say it "cannot recover from a spin without
pulling the parachute and did not do so in tests". It says "has not been
demonstrated". There's a subtle but important difference.

Thomas,

IMHO you are right and wrong. I agree that the SR-[20,22] may be
recoverable from spin. The POH just says that it was not demonstrated
during the certification process ( my guess is they saved time and
money at that point ). In practice you do what the POH says in a
situation like that.

Greetings
Dieter