Old December 8th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_10_]

Default NavAir CWO graduates first class

fudog50 wrote:
Just to clarify, there is no such thing as an ALDO anymore, they
stopped that program in the late 80's.

And yes, LDO's can go up to Admiral, we finally got one last year.

There are all kinds of Captain LDO SWO's, Aviation types, Blackshoes,
etc. Most communities have at least one 0-6 LDO, some have a handfull.

Navy just started CWO5 3 years ago and the end strength I think right
now is about 70.

Marine Corps has had CWO5 for some time.

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 04:44:59 GMT, "M. B." wrote:

Am I to understand that an ALDO can not go above LT? Can any LDO,
regardless the specility, go above LT?

Yes, they can. Our Maintenance Officer (LDO-type) was an O-5 / CDR.

Any listings of the O6 and above LDO's? Or former LDO's if they
augmented.