Old February 14th 09, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default 2009 Proposed Sports Class Handicaps

Argh!

Experienced DG-300 pilots, hear me out: Stop flying so well! I get
ready to enter my first contest this year, and what happens? They bump
the DG-300 up to the same handicap as the LS-4! :-P

When I bought my '300, everyone swore that the DG's "dont fly well in
races like the LS ships do" - or that the DG-300 "is a touring glider
while the LS-4 is the thoroughbred"... I was _counting_ on a softer
handicap to make my rookie contest debut look better; and now its been
ruined! Since I believe the folks making the handicaps base their
decisions on real-world data, the blame falls squarely on you DG-300
who did well the last couple of years... darn you! ;-)

Take care,

--Noel