Old February 7th 05, 03:06 AM
Gord Beaman

isme (NimBill) wrote:
snip

To me the scariest Herc film is a Herc picking up a downed flier at sea via the
use of a balloon put up by the downed flier. I truly think I would rather take
my chances in the water than get jerked into the air at the end of a long
cable.

I don't think -I- would...the North Atlantic in winter isn't my
idea of a fun place.

Getting jerked out of the air by a medium length cable is scary enough.

I understand that that's not very stressful at all...I saw it
demo'd once, didn't look very vigorous, I believe they use nylon
rope which is quite 'stretchy' and delivers a smooth acceleration
to the 'victim'
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)