Old August 30th 03, 01:09 AM
Badwater Bill

Doesn't matter what you think of them and the current military
people,, as well as all who have served, they all deserve our utmost
respect and grattitude for that service. I just wish more people would
show that.

Craig C.

Yeah, you got that right. It could start with the VA. I think the
way many of these poor wounded GI's have spent a lifetime suffering
with poor to no mental or medical help is insane. My father has 394
days of combat on the front lines in North Africa, Italy, France, then
Germany. He's a wreck to this day from it. He never recovered. He
actually shouldn't have even had a family. He's tortured each day
with memories of nearly 60 years now about combat. He's tortured
about things like the liberation of Dachow and some other
concentration camps north of Munich plus all the battles that lead up
to that point which was near the end of the war.

These poor *******s never got the mental help they needed. The Viet
Nam vets are in the same basket. Nobody treated them for the scars in
their minds. I think the VA has been so underfunded it's a disgrace
to this country and to the great men and women who served all of us so
bravely.

BWB