Old July 13th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

At 01:37 13 July 2018, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Rest in Peace Renny

I've go to say these accidents scare the crap out of me.
How can this happen? Renny flew so much he was almost a

professional glider
pilot. And yet he goes in landing at his home airport.
How can this happen?
Is glider flying really THAT dangerous and unpredictable?
I don't feel that way but accidents like this make me pause and

wonder WTF
are we doing? and why?
It's suppose to be fun this soaring and this is not fun.
Renny and so many others will be greatly missed....
So Tragic, this accident.

We are all getting older. There have been a number of physiological
incapacitation accidents in recent years in our community. Let's
wait for the NTSB to make their findings.

In the mean time, condolences to his family and friends.

RO