Old July 13th 18, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

Nick’s thoughts are my thoughts exactly. How do we have so much unexplained accidents? Tragic!
Sure, we can wait 2 years for the NTSB report, which will be completely useless unless the local glider pilots will work together with the NTSB and hope for a good investigator, as was the case recently in California. Meanwhile I hope we can learn something.
It is easy and comforting to blame unexplained accidents on health related incapacitation, but I believe this may be true only in small fraction of accidents.
This had been a sad year so far, and we got very lucky in few accidents which did not end up fatal but could have been easily.

Ramy