Old July 13th 18, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 8:20:58 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Nick’s thoughts are my thoughts exactly. How do we have so much unexplained accidents? Tragic!
Sure, we can wait 2 years for the NTSB report, which will be completely useless unless the local glider pilots will work together with the NTSB and hope for a good investigator, as was the case recently in California. Meanwhile I hope we can learn something.
It is easy and comforting to blame unexplained accidents on health related incapacitation, but I believe this may be true only in small fraction of accidents.

As someone now old enough to see a small but alarming number of younger friends and relatives dropping dead I don't find this comforting at all!

Events that might be quite survivable if they happen in a shopping centre or even on a highway (where you can pull over and stop in less than ten seconds) would be an entirely different matter when flying solo thousands of feet up.