Old July 15th 14, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie Issues

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:28:55 AM UTC-6, vontresc wrote:
I suspect that it may be heat related, but I wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

I currently use the GPS from my PF to drive the Oudie (Which I recommend). On my old plane I had a first generation Oudie and a Cambridge 20 running separately. The GPS in the Oudie died and then the whole thing froze up and needed to be reset (The only time this ever happened to me while I owned it). I was at the Air Sailing contest in Reno and yes, it was hotter than hell that day and this happened just after launch. At altitude when it cooled off the Oudie worked fine. Also had NOTAMs for GPS outages which may have contributed. Was able to get the flight off of the Cambridge so still got scored for the day.