Old March 12th 21, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Mylar Project

On 3/12/2021 8:55 AM, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
This tool is useful in removing the adhesive from the wings. Read instructions and don't press too hard.

Amazon
3M Stripe Off Wheel Adhesive Remover Eraser Wheel Removes Decals, Stripes, Vinyl, Tapes and Graphics 4” diameter x 5/8” thick 3/8-16 threaded mandrel 07498 Pack of 1

https://www.amazon.com/Stripe-Wheel-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

But one of the reviews on that Amazon page says:

"The only reason I gave this one star, is because I couldn't give it
ZERO!! 3m didn't bother to mention that they don't recomend using on
fiberglass. You have to call for them to casually mention that fact! In
their description, they say, many times, that it's use
" without damaging the substrate ". Also States that it can operate at
4000 rpm.
Using less than 2000rpm, and following all other directions, the wheel
burned the "substrate " of my motorhome!! I have tried a medium cutting
compound and still can't get the brown burn marks out. I now have a huge
mess to somehow fix!!"