Old August 2nd 03, 08:04 AM
patrick mitchel

Big John wrote in message
Larry

Try the leather hobby shops. That's where I got my last.

Also go to Google and search for "Leather sewing needles". Drill down
in the listings and you will find curved needles listed on a number of
sites (and Companys).

Big John

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:02:20 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

Here's what I need ---- a curved needle with a big eye you can stitch
heavy stuff with. It needs to be about an inch long and in the shape of

crescent and capable of being abused, i. e., thrust in and out of the

fabric
by use of needle-nose pliers. Ever watch the surgeons use needles like
that to stitch up living tissue. Where can you find these?

The discount store ones I buy, like at WalMart, break too easily when you
take the pliers to them.

Who's the seamstress in the crowd? Damn, I'm gittin' good at upholstery.

Note to Billy: Whatcha buildin'? Got spoilers, slots, slats, elevons,
spoilers, Fowlers, Frieses, winglets, VG's, and cuffs? Gates belt,

hi-vo
chain, spur gear, sun'n'planets, or hydramatic redrive?

pg2814, catalog #104 mcmaster-carr curved needles (12 per pack)9-18 dollah