Old June 18th 05, 11:06 PM
Stubby

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:46:46 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

Out of interest, what is a "nico press"? I don't have one in my garage
but buying new toys is always fun. I'll try a MAP torch and chisel.

Nicopress was developed as a low-cost way to install terminations on cable for
the telephone industry. It compresses a copper sleeve over the cable so that
the copper flows into the weave of the cable. The swage (compression tool),
sleeves and other components used on the system can be bought at most hardware
stores. Here's what the swage looks like:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...wagingtool.php

See page 7-32 of AC43-13b:

http://www.faa.gov/certification/air...3/Ch_07-08.doc

Ron Wanttaja

Those are excellent references. Thanks, Ron.