Old August 1st 13, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

Default A path to an affordable trainer?

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:43:25 PM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
I think we need to convince Richard VanGrunsven to design a two place 30 to 35 l/d glider for training using the same wing style of the RV planes. Keep it simple to build and offer a fast build kit. Let clubs put in the sweat equity for a good basic trainer.

He has looked at it. It really is not a viable business model to create it. Sales are too limited.