Old May 24th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gordon Walker[_2_]

Default Help me convince my wife..... :)

My take on it,
What you are really paying for with owning a glider is having
something to fly on the really good days. THIS IS THE WHOLE CRUX OF
THE ISSUE
The type of glider is rather less important than having it to fly.

Any of the older glass ships will let you fly decent size tasks at decent
speeds. Once you can turn in really good performances regularly (ie
beating many of the other locals) then maybe something better might
be worthwhile.
As others have intimated if you go the syndicate route chose your
partner with care. If you get a good syndicate partner you will get
more fun than owning on your own as there is always someone willing
to retrieve you and lead you astray for another gliding expedition......

Regards

Gordon