Old July 13th 18, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Cambridge GPS-NAV Aero Explorer error on log download

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 8:46:31 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Could be as stupid as......
Corrupted card.....reformat on new PC (32 bit vs. 64 bit can be an issue).
Failed card
Different type of OS (32 bit vs. 64 bit).

Yep, never liked 8.1.
I use mostly XP, some on 10.

Eric, I no longer own a GPS-NAV, but still keep Aero Explorer Plus on a couple of Win 8.1 64-bit computers.
Win8 was an odd UI but easily fixed with Start8 (looks like Win 7). Compatibility with older programs is better than any other OS I've used including Win 7, 10, OSX and (limited attempt) Ubuntu.
For CAE+, I use compatibility settings for WinXP SP3. I have older programs running in Win95 compatibility.
And Guy, thanks for that software!
Jim