Old July 16th 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

Brian,

Interesting stuff, especially about the color display and faster processor. I've noticed the Kobo is slower even than the Dell Streak 5 in some ways and I suspect that some of the uneven FLARM target performance I see is related to CPU and/or the ability to write to the display quickly enough. Sometimes a target will have the lift strength tagged, sometimes the competition ID, occasionally both, and sometimes just the target itself. It seems like switching off terrain and other features gives me better FLARM target depiction but it's difficult to be certain. This doesn't seem to be related to range, so I'm inclined to blame bandwidth (my PowerFLARM and Kobo are at 19,200--which I've tried to increase unsuccessfully) or video processing power.