Old September 15th 03, 09:27 PM
Bernie the Bunion

Jez wrote:

Hey! This is the first helicopter I ever flew in!

As a young kid I can remember seeing pictures of these helicopters in
magazines etc., and being captivated by the looks of the beast.

Recently while surfing the big WWW I came across some trivial
information that the Canadian government had bought 50 of
these machines at a cost of $10,000 each.

Don't know what that would work out to in current dollars but I'm sure
there is a big difference as too what a state of the art helicopter
cost in that era compared to what our government is going to have to
pay
for state of the art replacements for our (aging) Sea King fleet.