Old April 27th 13, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_13_]

Default LX logger issues after PF install ... related?

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:25:08 AM UTC-7, 2NO wrote:
Since installing my PowerFlarm Core I've had a frustrating problem with my LX7007: it goes into "in flight" mode when sitting still on the ground, leaving me unable to access flight logs, update flight info, or do any transfers. I basically have to baby-sit the logger, wait for it to believe it's not flying, and then squeeze my business in before it goes "in flight" again. Sometimes, after landing, it never ends the flight before I have to shut everything down. Support at LX suggests to disconnect my p-tot and p-static for five minutes (thus suggesting an ASI issue), but looking at the flight "traces" from the faux flights, the GPS fix is moving around by what looks like a few to a dozen meters. So I suspect this the GPS "movement" is the cause, not an incorrect ASI. I can't point the finger at the PF (yet) -- at the same time I installed the PF, I also installed a new Oudie and a K6 Mux so they would all play nicely together. My LX7007's GPS receiver is at the fore end of the instrument compartment, next to the air vent; the PF core is immediately aft thereof; the ADS-B antenna is mounted on the side of the K6 box about 8 inches from the GPS antenna. Could my LX's GPS be having interference issues? ~ted/2NO

I had a similar problem with my PF/V7 vario/ Oudie system.
To make a long story short, the V7 vario air speed sensor
was out of calibration, and had to be recalibrated. LXNav
provided me with a firmware download to fix the problem.
Regards,Dan