Old May 16th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this... Our airport is
having it's ramp area re-paved. Because of scheduling, they're starting
earlier than expected. 4 buildings of T-hangars have to be out by this
Monday (the 21st). Actually, you have a choice of being tiedown outside
for 2 months, or be trapped inside your hangar for 2 months.

TWO MONTHS? Dang.

This same thing happened to us last fall, when the city FINALLY (after
10 years of complaining) repaved the taxiways around our hangars. But
we were only "on the street" for about 2 weeks. What the heck are
they doing for two months?

At the end of this month we're out again, as the city willl be putting
new concrete floors in our T-hangars. Our floor is pea gravel (which
we covered with astroturf years ago, to keep the dust down), and
concrete will be nice -- but it means we have to move EVERYTHING out
of the hangar!

As anyone who has ever visited our hangar knows, that's gonna take a
moving truck to accomplish. Still, it'll only be for about ten
days... And it'll force us to discard a bunch of junk that has
accumulated...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA