View Single Post
Old October 15th 13, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juanman
external usenet poster

Default Butterfly display (displaying a big red logo under normal flight conditions)

On Monday, October 14, 2013 10:03:07 PM UTC-4, SF wrote:
I can't see my Butterfly Display most of the time, as a result I only look at it when the circle of death pops up. Other than that one function I find it almost worthless. From what I can discern I'm not the only dissatisfied customer, the trade in value is zero. The LXNAV FlarmView appears to be a better product. Maybe the Butterfly guys should branch out into Graphic design services since that is what they seem to be the most proud of. Does it work better if you keep your hand on it during launch? Maybe the dim display is the result of global warming. Or it could be the result of some right wing extremist plot. All they need is better marketing, that will fix it right up.

I agree, it is a very poorly designed display. It's so dark that with sunglasses on I can't see anything. And the letters/numbers are still very small. Fortunately I connected the PowerFlarm to my Oudie where I can clearly see the other Flarm equipped gliders and receive a legible warning when necessary. I also have it connected to the SN10 which tells me in what direction to look for the oncoming traffic.