Old January 29th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_4_]

Default What goes around, comes around

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
ouse.com...
"I finally connected with someone who sounded like a real technician at
France Télécom, during banking hours, and after making it clear to him
that I was not a standard dolt and that we could skip all the cookbook
questions (“Is the PC plugged in?” “Do you see the Web page in front of
you?” and so on), we spent considerable time discussing the problem and my
test results. He managed to convince me that it might be the router on my
side, even though this didn't seem entirely congruent with the symptoms I
had seen."

Can you imagine the hell that tech went through, having to argue with a
nonstandard dolt?

He taught the SOB a lesson though.

"Tech: Ummm.... it looks lie your router's gone TU. Go buy another one".

"MX: Nope. My router is fine"

"Tech: Oh, did it start working again?"

"MX: NO - IT'S NOT WORKING!"

"Tech: Then it sounds like you need a new one"

Three days pay for a router and some cables. Damn! I wouldn't spend $1000
for that junk. I can get one at Circuit City for 2 hours pay.