Old January 30th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default What goes around, comes around

"Steve Foley" wrote in
:

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
ouse.com...
"I finally connected with someone who sounded like a real technician
at France Télécom, during banking hours, and after making it clear to
him that I was not a standard dolt and that we could skip all the
cookbook questions (“Is the PC plugged in?” “Do you see the Web page
in front of you?” and so on), we spent considerable time discussing
the problem and my test results. He managed to convince me that it
might be the router on my side, even though this didn't seem entirely
congruent with the symptoms I had seen."

Can you imagine the hell that tech went through, having to argue with
a nonstandard dolt?

He taught the SOB a lesson though.

"Tech: Ummm.... it looks lie your router's gone TU. Go buy another
one".

"MX: Nope. My router is fine"

"Tech: Oh, did it start working again?"

"MX: NO - IT'S NOT WORKING!"

"Tech: Then it sounds like you need a new one"

Three days pay for a router and some cables. Damn! I wouldn't spend
$1000 for that junk. I can get one at Circuit City for 2 hours pay.

We're talking MX math here. That's three days of giving lame parisian
tours at 15$ a day

Bertie