Old May 18th 18, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lark IS29-D2 owners and pilots?

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 7:01:53 AM UTC-4, Jan Zanutto wrote:
I bought a single seat Lark and am beginning to build some time in it. Just wondering if there are any other Lark guys out there. I made a page on facebook as well if anyone of you wants to connect there.

I had some time in the 2 place years ago, seemed to be a good flyer for what it was. I thought similar to a 2-32 in many ways. I think my initial appraisal of the single seater is that its a metal DG-100. Similar polar, but with negative flaps it has to have a better cruise at speed than the DG. I've owned both, so I will compare once I start doing some XC with it.

The wing assembly mechanism is very interesting...

Hello! I'm a Lark owner. Flying out of C62 in Kendallville IN. I really like the Lark. Sort of the last of the high performance aluminum gliders.....everything went to composite ships. I like the old aluminum gliders. Is there a link to your facebook page? I'll put some photos up.