Old October 17th 04, 03:57 PM
Carl Orton

Ft Worth AFSS always seems to go right through. I think the max I've ever
waited was about 1 minute. Of course, as others noted, I'm VFR only so I
don't test the system on bad weather days.

I'll also second what the others say about checking for TFRs. Regardless of
how much preflight information I get off the computer/DUAT/etc., I always
call AFSS, even on short hops, just so that I have a record of checking on
NOTAMs.

Carl

" wrote in message
ink.net...
Has anyone else noticed that the time you're on hold to talk to a briefer

is
getting longer and longer? I noticed this about a year ago when I still
lived in Florida and thought it was just a local problem. Now I live in
Virginia and they have the same problem here. It used to be you could get

human on the phone in a minute or so. Now it is taking about 5 to 10.

Is this how the FAA is trying to kill the FSS system? They have made no
bones about wanting to reduce the coast of the FSS system.