Old October 2nd 03, 05:14 PM
Vaughn Simon

"Stefan" wrote in message
Erich Kohlenberger wrote:

Eta had an inflight fuselage breakage during spin tests.

So it didn't "crash", but broke up during a test flight, not the same in
my opinion.

Boy! Talk about "spin", Erich should be working for the government.
There is a distinction here that I fail to get. From what little
information we have, it apparently broke up in flight, the occupants bailed
out, and then gravity took its natural course until the failed airframe
(crashed, fell, bumped, decellerated, sprinkled, oopsied) into/onto the
surface of the earth. Help me with the finer points of English please; how
is this not a crash?

(You should have become a journalist!) Still far from
perfect, though.

Yes; much less than perfect. We all lose a bit when this stuff happens
and I wish these people the very best.

Vaughn

Stefan