Old April 30th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default How long would it take a Marine to complete Top Gun training?

Eris wrote in
:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:10:10 -0700, Colin Campbell
(remove underscore) wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:08:17 -0400, AUK Registrar
wrote:

In , "Red Jacket" Red
wrote:

Want to hear my BS story of me 100 bad guys my
plastic C Rat spoon honed razor sharp my perseverance
in the dead of night a little rain in a monsoon and
some mild hurricane winds...
yes siree, buy a round [Molson] and I'll tell ya all
about it kid.
There I was................

Well, at least you didn't start out with "It was a dark and stormy night
..."

The only correct beginning to a war story is:

"There I was - knee deep in expended brass and grenade pins . . ."

I was ripping the buttons off my tunic to get lower.

I generally start with - "Where was I? Oh, 30,000 feet and surrounded by
helicopters..."

Sorts out the audience very quickly.

Dave in San Diego
Never been above 12,500 feet in a helo