Old December 18th 04, 03:17 PM

Default Logging time on a PCATD

I have an instrument rating and just took a instrument simulator at a
local community college where I flew about 25 hours of time on an Elite
PCATD. I was not 'IFR current' prior to taking the class. Can I use
this time to become current again?

The instructor didn't think that the time was 'loggable'. I think he
was getting confused with the difference between the type of simulators
we were flying (which are PC-based, but have separate controls for the
yoke/rudders/throttle/mixture/prop and radios) and also the rules about
how much time can be logged on a simulator and for what purpose. The
last time I took this class about 6 years ago I didn't bother to log
the time and we were using the old analog ATC 510 simulators. The
instructor seemed to think that the time would have been loggable on
those old simulators, but not the PC-based sims for some reason. To
his credit, he's a great instructor, but is new to teaching on
simulators and the rules surrounding sim time logging are complicated,
to say the least.
Anyone know the scoop about logging sim time?

Thanks,

Lee Devlin