Old November 20th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Is the pilot license needed...?

At a CFI FIRC in Wichita about 10-12 years ago, the AOPA
instructor told our class about the FIRC he had just done in
Alaska. He reported the FAA goal for Alaska was to have
half of all the pilots in Alaska certificated by 2025.

But with post-9/11 security, having a legal certificate may
be more important.

wrote in message
| Depending upon the type of aircraft, you might even be
able to fly it