Old March 9th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Default chain of events

KM wrote:

I gotta second what Ried is saying here.How can the radios AND the
Localizer go out long enough for this to happen.The Civet is for 25L
not the right.
This sounds like a fish story to me.I think KiloMike is a troll and
should go away.
KU

I dont know about the approach itself, but the power issue is very
believable. If the main transformer for the whole place let go, its VERY
likely that it takes 10 or more seconds for the generator to get up and
running. Also, if I understand right, the generators dont serve the
entire airport, just select facilities and one or two main runways.

If such a big flash DID occur, then its likely that other cockpits would
have eyes fixated on it as well.

The only thing that doesn't make any sense.. is why would I only be
reading about it on usenet... and not CNN. A NMAC usually makes big news.