Old May 31st 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bigger Battery holders from glider manufacturers

bumper wrote:
The ASH26E is available with two 18 amp hour batteries fitted.

Speaking of which, my DG-600 came with a battery box sized for a battery
approximately 4 3/8 inches (110 mm) wide, 7 inches (175 mm) long, and 4
1/4 inches (105 mm) tall. The rear wall slopes back to 7 3/8 inches
long at the top. It appears to be large enough to hold a 16 or 18 amp
hour battery, but the closest I could find (a paired set of Powersonic
PS-1282S or PS-1282L) is slightly too long and too wide to fit.

Anyone know what this was intended to hold?

Marc