Old August 24th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

Default Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

On Aug 23, 5:21*pm, John Smith wrote:
a wrote:
I still maintain the fastest way down is a strong slip.

Just curious A,

What's the POH say for emergency descent speeds for the Mooney?

I know for sure, that I cannot do 152 knots (POH says 152 for
emergency descents) doing a slip in my Sundowner with all that drag.
I couldn't even get to VNE nose down within my own safe parameters
without bank.

Again, the purpose of this exercise for me was emergency descent for
collision avoidance. I wanted to get a feel for what the plane would
do under non emergency situations and it was a huge lesson learned for
me.