Old September 23rd 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Club Class Nationals

On Sep 22, 12:06*pm, Tim wrote:

postings, I ,too, fully support ending the ban on former US Team
members in the FAI classes from being slected for the Club Class Team.
We should send the best pilots, flying club class ships that we can to
every World Championships- Period!

Just a point of contention he

There is no "right" or "wrong" answer on this subject. Its a matter
of attitude, philosophy, and emphasis.

If you keep the ban in place, you are emphasizing participation - you
are in favor of more people getting a chance to compete in the World
Championship event, and all that goes with it. Winning is secondary
to giving many people an opportunity to fly in that grand venue.

If you want to lift the ban, you are emphasizing winning over
participation. You want to see the USA ranked #1, other
considerations are secondary.

Again: This isn't a good vs. bad thing, you just have to decide what
your priorities are.

--Noel