Old September 23rd 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Club Class Nationals

On Sep 23, 12:13*pm, Westbender wrote:
As "low-stress" as we try to make the Club/Sports class competition at
the Regional level, a lot of people are still intimidated by the
competition-aspect and the rules. *Providing an unofficial event where
people can give it a try has helped lower some barriers...

Well said.

Is there any way for the SSA and associated racing committee to try
and reach out with some nudging, encouragement and guidelines via
mailings? My club is small and has absolutely no experience putting on
such an event. Although there are a few individuals who would really
like to try it.

Does anyone know of some published instructions/guidelines for
organizing an informal, club-level contest that would be a reasonble
stepping-stone approach to preparing for other sanctioned events?
Noel, did your club document anything regarding the event you put on?

I am in the same club as Noel. Besides the Dust-up competition our
club also has encampments to "remote" airstrips where we do mountain
flying. These encampments typically have way more member attendance
than the Dust-up "informal" competition, where a majority of the
competing pilots are not club members.

Brad