View Single Post
Old April 17th 18, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch
external usenet poster

Default Easy and affordable IGC logger

Op dinsdag 17 april 2018 11:27:17 UTC+2 schreef :
I used an old EW MicroRecorder (pre-SD card version) for a number of years. Always a bit of a hassle to have to do the declaration from a PC and having to have a laptop at the airfield etc. The aerial is also separate and so has to be stuck somewhere and then plugged into the unit prior to the flight. But the unit was generally reliable and easy to use.

I have just purchased a Nano4. Was looking at the Nano and Nano3 too - but liked the airspace warnings as well as final glide and climb optimiser which are now part of the Nano4. The NanoConfig App and Bluetooth connectivity mean declarations can be done from an android cellphone saving the hassle of having to connect any of the Nano units to a laptop for the declarations. Flights can also be downloaded using Bluetooth. I hate cables generally. The battery life is also far longer than the EW and its a far smaller unit overall. I personally think the extra Euro100 is worth the expense considering it is a far more modern unit. Both types are approved for all flights.

Clinton

I have just found the apps, they look very easy and I'm able to use my phone as well. Getting the regular Nano without display, would that be possible to mount it to the side of my instrument panel? Does it require to be put in direct view of the sky?