Old January 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Default Mxsmanic

Regarding MX, the wannabe pain in the lower back.

He's actually, by my measure at least, a sad case. There's obvously
some intelligence there but by his own admission he earns a bit over
$100 a week.

He has endured a one hour gate hold at Logan -- while simulating a
flight!

He carefully programs the flight plan into his computer, probably does
a simulated taxi out, then lets the computer simulator's autopilot fly
most of the flight. That may mean he sits in front of his computer,
feet on simulated rudder controls, with a play stick or a yoke, I'm not
sure which, and watches the simulator fly itself.

I think most of us who are pilots are successful in other aspects of
our lives too. I would guess many of us are managers, and of those, a
number had told smart people who wear their Mensa memberships like a
badge of honor that their services are no longer required because, in
reality, they were too difficult to work with. He is, I think, in that
class.

I do hope he finds a measure of happiness in his chair (does he wear a
shoulder harness?) playing his simulated games, but it's not a life I
would choose for anyone I cared about.

So let him have some fun. One need not make replies made to his posts
except perhaps when his 'logical' assertions are in conflict with safe
flying. He has, we can assume, never touched the toe brakes to stop the
wheels rotating before retracting them, never saw a runway appear 20
degrees off the nose at MDA, or ice growing on the wing, or requested
ATC permission to fly at 7200 feet with minor deviations in the course
so he could play in the canyons in the clouds.

Do you remember what it's like to tell a non-flyer what general
avaition is all about, and some of the experiences you had? Think of
that when you read his posts, and feel sadness rather than anger. He
probably can't help himself.

And, really, take this attitude. "Mx, your comments are no longer
needed here," and respond only if you think he's making unsafe
suggestions. The response is NOT directed at him, but at newer pilots
who might be reading the thread. After all, MX is sometimes 'logical'
even when he's wrong, and we don't want newbies. or ourselves, to be
misled.

Gee, that's almost a rant, isn't it?

On Jan 8, 11:29 am, "gwengler" wrote:
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd