Old September 5th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

Default water meters

On Sep 5, 10:27 am, "01-- Zero One" wrote:
Yes, Roy, I have one of these. It is NOT accurate enough for
determining ballast. I use mine on the inlet of my rooftop waterbed
water carrier for making sure that I have loaded enough into the
waterbed before toting it all back to the glider to fill. It is
accurate enough for that but would not trust it beyond that.

Cumulus Soaring and Wings and Wheels both sell good ones.

HTH,

Larry

"zero one"

Larry,

How accurate does ballast need to be filled ? I have a Grob 102 and
my approach is fill completely, since it only holds about 220 lbs of
water. It also cross feeds when level so I don't worry about
perfectly symmetrical filling.

For other gliders, how much error is tolerable ?

Todd Smith
3S