Old July 24th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

On Jul 23, 8:11 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Excuse me, sir, I've used it to refer to fixed gear aircraft departing a
runway for some 45 years and 5000 hours, taught it to a few hundred
students, and was taught it by MY instructors long before you ever became a
pilot methinks ... or perhaps while you were still in liquid form?

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

What it was was Jay distorting an aviation term to sound hip.

Bertie

You'd have to look pretty far to find a pilot who was confused by
Jay's wheels up comment when talking about that airplane. If it's
understood, it's good communication. Let's do a poll -- all who
understood it meant departing, remain sitting comfortably. All who
didn't, let's see -- yes, move to Paris.