Old December 13th 13, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ZAON PCAS MRX

I've had mine for less than a year and, so far, it has not failed.

As to extremely high or low aircraft alerting - during setup the pilot
chooses maximum range and altitude difference to report.

"Nick Kennedy" wrote in message
On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:54:05 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Hi Gents
Thanks for the good information on the MRX, I appreciate the time you guys
took to write about it.
It sounds like when it is working and connected to the ships power it is
a good thing to have on board.
I got mine in my extra's box of stuff when I purchased glider T and it
seems to work at the present.
I set it on the dash of my F150 truck looking at the turns from downwind
to base to final here in Telluride yesterday at it worked as advertised,
and I could read the screen in bright sunlight
I like how simple it is to use and how easy it is to interpret the
display. To bad they went Tango Uniform as Bruno so delicately put it :]
Happy Holidays
Nick

Are these units reliable and worth having in your glider?

Are they consistent enough to trust in a real threat situation?

Nick