Old January 22nd 04, 01:51 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Monday night I gave the keynote address at the induction of new members into
the National Honors Society... These are the best and brightest, who had to
make a significantly high GPA and at the same time do a significant number
of service hours in the community in order to qualify... They restore my
faith in the next generation... The other 95% in the public class rooms are
just cannon fodder... Teaching in front of them under today's rules has to
be real agony...

My grandson attends private school... Acting out is NOT an option in those
classrooms, as he found out the first time he responded to being pushed...
The pusher was later ejected from the school after three warnings to the
parents - yup, three strikes and you are out, and no refund... I suspect
she is now in public school, relentlessly thinning out the ranks of
qualified teachers...
denny

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Said the kids run wild