Old March 29th 14, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Sean Fidler - US Team Captain

On 3/29/2014 6:05 AM, GC wrote:
On 29/03/2014 03:30, Garret Willat wrote:
I nominated Sean. He declined due to the major time commitment required
overseas. I have already stated who our current captains are. Sorry for
adding to this thread. If anyone needs clarification of why I felt Sean
would be a good captain you can contact me privately.

On 29/03/2014 08:00, Sean Fidler wrote:
Oh Kevin? Where are you Kevin?

You're a little whiny coward Kevin. Nothing more.

Sean doesn't do privacy, Garret. Perhaps you'd like to expand here on what
made you think Sean has the qualities and character needed to be a US Team
Captain.

GC

With that said I am very happy with Fernando, I feel he is
doing and will do an amazing job.

Make sure to follow the US team blog and do not forget to donate to the
US Soaring Team.

After this little discussion, good luck with that!

http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2124

Bad, unacceptable behavior is exactly that: bad and unacceptable. I don't care
if we're talking presidents who can't keep their pants zipped or simple
playground bullies. It's a huge spectrum. Each of us gets to define "bad and
unacceptable." If it's bad enough, sometimes the law - truly a blunt
instrument - takes an interest.

As one who remembers RAS from DejaNews days, I've been generally
pleased/amazed at its general civility, compared to "the rest of the world."
Perfection not being an option, there've been on RAS bouts of incivility,
lamentable pathos, and (occasionally) isolated (until fairly recently)
incidents of pique (usually quickly regretted and rarely repeated).

I've several purposes for this post: 1) to go on record as noting taunting,
berating, ad-hominem behavior on this forum IS unacceptable in my book and 2)
to request - as have others - this unacceptable behavior immediately and
permanently cease. (For anyone concerned for my welfare, I won't be holding my
breath...)

Also, for the record, though I wasn't the initial poster of this thread, I
readily acknowledge the question had occurred to me as well; I was content to
wait and (maybe) have it answered "back channel" if for no other reason (and
this isn't the only one) than to avoid ending up "where we are now."

I'd like to continue thinking soaring and the vast majority of its fortunate
practitioners are above this.

Respectfully,
Bob Whelan