Old November 24th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default FAA ADS-B Out NPRM needs your input

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Angelo Campanella wrote:

So, other than the possibly that the FAA can make terribly inefficient
actions while wasting huge amounts of taxpayer money in the process if
we don't maintain a close rein on the matter, what are the negative
aspects of this specific NPRM?

Read my writeup. One biggie is having to pay lots of money for no
benefit (I don't consider the SAR related possible benefit as worth
anything to me).

What was the link for your write-up, again, please?

One comment off the top of my head, (before I have read more of your info
about the issue) is that if the feds want us to all change to a GPS
reporting type of traffic surveillance and control, is that they should pay
to put the technology in each plane.

A box could be contracted (to be designed and built) that would have a GPS
in it linked to the reporting transmitter, in a all in one unit. To save
cost and complexity, it would not need to have any display of the GPS data
available to the pilot.

The government is going to be doing a similar type of purchase of technology
for the public to make the change from standard definition TV to high
definition TV, by allowing all households to get two coupons free of charge
to be exchanged for a set top box that changed high definition signals to
standard definition signal for the old TV's.
--
Jim in NC