Old April 17th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Front Electric Sustainer

On Apr 16, 6:08*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 4/16/2010 5:19 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:

I wonder how many
gliders really have room to do this install. I'm around 5'9" and I
can't see how there will be space in the nose cone area of most
Schleicher gliders, even if you could get rid of the canopy lift
mechanism (convert to a side hinge).

The RES webpage says the motor has a diameter of 7" and a length of 3".
* That is pretty small.

So does that leave the market
with side hinged gliders with large nose cones and/or very short
pilots where the gliders, and then there is the catch that more
recently made gliders are going to have the EASA prohibition on
aerotowing with the cg hook?

Probably the EASA would be satisfied with an under-knee hook like on the
ASW-27.

Darryl

Duh 3" long, wow. I think I had misread that as 180mm x 180mm, add in
space for other stuff and I was wondering how that fits in front of
the pedals.

Darryl